Thursday, February 16, 2012

Obin by Ronald Franklin

Well, it's been a while since my last post but I've come across something definitely worth mentioning.

A particular science fiction story caught my eye when I was recently browsing Apple's iBooks store on my iPad:

Obin by Ronald Franklin

The unassuming short title of this about 200 pages long ebook and the brief description sparked my interest. As a big Star Trek and Stargate fan I decided to put down the two bucks and purchased it. I didn't regret it.

The yet mostly unknown author manages to hold the reader in suspense at the end of nearly each sub chapter, leaving one continually wanting to read on. The science fiction ideas presented throughout the mysterious story, though some not new, are put together in a very fitting and convincing way with believable characters.

Though admittedly, there are some "slow" chapters in the middle, the last fifty or so pages culminate in an intriguing and dramatic finale comparable to blockbuster science fiction motion pictures.

If you like science fiction like Star Trek, Alien and such, this book is a must read!

Find the ebook at Apple's iBooks, Barnes & Nobles and Lulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment